I’m pretty late writing this post but better late than never right?! Summer 2017 turned into one crazy life changing summer. As a lot of you know, I travel and work with my sister Courtney. I could not think of a better person to work and travel around the world with. We created a lot of new murals, including our largest yet a 70ft tall flamingo in Poland. We ate at cute little cafes in Greece, drank Guinness in Ireland, went on safari in South Africa, visited historical sites like Auschwitz, The Parthenon and the Hagia Sophia. But the biggest highlight for us was meeting so many amazing people from around the world. So thankful for every single day I can create and share my art with all of you.
Below are some of the highlights from this last summer;) Enjoy!
– We drove back and forth across Ireland to create this piece. Absolutely loved the brother team we met there, who helped bring #WhatLiftsYou to Galway:) Location: O’Connell’s Bar
– I’ll never forget finishing this piece and then having a traditional high tea before leaving the city. The Brits sure know how to make a great scone. Location: Trafford Center
– This was my first time being a part of a street art festival. This town has turned into a street art hub, they have two bars/restaurants, 300 residents and 1 grocery store.
– First time in The Netherlands. Loved the culture, the people and the history
– Our largest mural yet! It took us 6 days to create this one and I’ll be honest we could have used 8 days. The Polish were absolutely amazing people, the town was beautiful and the food was great.
– We took a day and traveled to Krakow just so we could see Auschwitz. To say it was harrowing and haunting would be an understatement. For two girls who’s Grandfather was in WWII and helped liberate a concentration camp, you can imagine how much this meant for both of us to see.
– So so beautiful. I’ve always dreamed of visiting these amazing islands and the scenery def lived up to my expectations. But if you can help it don’t go in July, way too many tourists.
– Driving all around Soweto for our friends family’s grave stone unveiling, meeting an amazing community of people and learning more about their history is a memory I’ll never forget.
– This was a lovely city, right on the beach. We created this mural and then took a day to go on safari. Hands down one of my favorite memories of all time (you guys know how much I love drawing animals;) Location: Greenacres Shopping Centre
– Cape Town is truly is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever seen. We were there for only a few days and it was just not enough time. Hoping we can go back soon! Location: The Old Biscuit Mill
– I’m still pinching myself that we got to go work and visit this city. The historical sites were amazing and the history (as you can imagine) was just insane. Experiencing a hamam and listening to the call to prayer was definitely a highlight Location: Zorlu Center
*Please note all the images above were taken from the official KelseyMontagueArt instagram page