What is #WhatLiftsYouSchools?
We designed the #WhatLiftsYouSchools curriculum to provide teachers around the country with a fun and interactive way to learn about street art, and the street artist Kelsey Montague, while also addressing national education standards including:
- Self-Awareness – At the end of the curriculum students will be asked to create a specific art piece and to describe ‘what lifts’ them.
- Self-Expression and Creativity – Students will design part of a street art piece as a form of self-expression.
- Writing – Certain sections of this curriculum contain written assignments.
- Motor Skills – Students will cut out and create sections of a street art piece.
- 21st Century Learning – Students will be encouraged to apply and use the #WhatLiftsYouSchools hashtag to their street art creation.
- Community Engagement – Once students create the street art piece in their school they are encouraged to share it with the larger community.
- Anti-Bullying – The ‘power of social media’ writing assignment specifically addresses bullying on social media.
The curriculum includes 5, 4 minute videos that cover the following topics:
- Who is Kelsey?Kelsey answers common student questions.
- Why is Failure Important?Kelsey’s perspective on learning from failure.
Includes: The importance of failure writing assignment.
- The Power of Social Media.Using social media for good and the #WhatLiftsYou movement.
Includes: An anti-bullying writing assignment.
- Creating a Mural.The process and supplies Kelsey uses.
- #WhatLiftsYouSchools Project.Kelsey outlines her custom school street art mural!
Includes: Downloadable street art mural stencils.
Sign Up for #WhatLiftsYouSchools